Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sex and the 20 Year Reunion

This year is the 20th anniversary of my high school graduation. Looking back twenty years, it seems my primary interest back then was trying to have sex with my female classmates. This obsession is in no way meant to convey any success in that endeavor. In fact, just to be perfectly clear, I was involuntarily sexless throughout high school. But the endless quest for sex is no doubt what makes every teenage boy wake up, go to school, get a job, drive a car and so on, and I was no different.

Twenty years later, I am older, wiser and more experienced, and I'm facing the prospect of a twenty year high school reunion. I am successful, happily married, well adjusted, and in the best physical condition of my life. And now, all these years later, I can honestly say that even if I weren't happily married, I wouldn't want to have sex with any of the women that I went to school with. Age has ravaged the class of '90. When I look at the current photos on line, I sigh with relief at the bullets I dodged. I don't see missed opportunities. I see the road not travelled and thank the photo pages on facebook for the road I'm on.

1 comment:

  1. Facebook and other online networking sites have left reunions redundant, I think. After all, most anyone with which you'd care to keep up can be found online. Then again, attention-cravers and braggards probably don't get quite as much satisfaction that way.
    On an unrelated note - I didn't realize that was you following my blog until just today. You're posts are fantastic, so far. It's like Virtual Chris.

    ReplyDelete